Toll Free 1-888-606-Time (8463)
Birthing with Love
HypnoBirthing® Childbirth Education Program with locations on the Sunshine Coast and in West Vancouver to serve you better.
If you are expectant parents and looking for the most gentle and natural way to bring your baby into this world-
If you are looking for the most satisfying and joyful birthing experience for yourself-
If you want to look back to the birth of your baby as the most incredible loving experience in your life -
You are in the right place.
The Mongan Method of HypnoBirthing ® is a complete natural childbirth program in itself. It is a rewarding, relaxing, stress-free method of birthing that is based on the belief that all babies should come into the world in an atmosphere of gentleness, calm and joy.
- HypnoBirthing® doesn't require any particular belief system, or prior experience. Some of our mothers and especially their Birth Companions (whoever Mom has chosen to go through the birthing process with) have been skeptical at first - until they experience it for themselves.
- In fact, the more skeptical they are to start with, the more enthusiastic they become when they discover the power of HypnoBirthing®.
- Just imagine welcoming each surge! Feeling peaceful... relaxed... and even smiling as your baby comes closer to you!
- In short, HypnoBirthing® allows you to experience birth in an atmosphere of calm relaxation, free of the fear and tension that prevents the birthing muscles in your body from functioning as Nature intended them to.
"There is no pathological reason for pain in childbirth.
There is nothing that actually malfunctions. It's tension,
fear and interventions that cause the malfunctioning,"
says Marie Mongan, founder of HypnoBirthing and author of "HypnoBirthing : A Celebration of Life."
Studies have shown that hypnosis is extremely effective and helpful for pregnant and birthing women. To look at the science behind the use of hypnosis for Childbirth.
Benefits of HypnoBirthing
Some reported benefits of using hypnosis during pregnancy and for childbirth:
As you carefully plan the birth of your baby, remember that this experience that your baby has during its birthing will remain for its entire life.
- Fewer drugs or no drugs mean less risk of side effects for mother and baby
- Improved sleep prior to birth and afterwards
- Reduction of heartburn
- Removal of fear and anxiety
- Less need for induction of labor
- Control of blood pressure
- Shorter labor - resistance of the birthing muscles as a response to pain is minimized or eliminated
- Increased production of oxytocin, the hormone that controls the strength and duration of contractions. When there is a good supply of oxytocin contractions are more comfortable
- An awake energized mother throughout the birthing process
- A calm peaceful birthing atmosphere
- Breech and posterior babies can be turned using hypnosis
- Fewer interventions and complications during labor
- A plentiful supply of milk
- Babies who sleep and feed better due to fewer drugs in their systems
- Mothers who are less tired and more confident
- Fewer episiotomies and perineal tears
- Calmer more alert babies
- Greater satisfaction with the birth reported by new parents
What will I learn?
"Choose to birth your baby in an atmosphere
of calm relaxation as nature intended"
- HypnoBirthing classes are given to both the mother and her chosen birth companion at the same time. There are normally fewer than 5 couples in any class. Information, practical learning and practice take place in these sessions for both mother and her companion.
- You and your birth companion will learn how to use self-hypnosis to insure a peaceful pregnancy and birth. Also your birth companion will learn how to help you focus your attention during birthing
- You will be given the opportunity to release old beliefs and fears about birthing as well as addressing concerns about pregnancy, birthing, and parenting.
- You will gain an understanding of how the birthing muscles are intended to work during childbirth facilitating a comfortable Birth for both mother and a child
- You will learn how to activate the body's endorphins (natural opiates), replacing the stress hormones that constrict the muscles and cause pain
- You will develop a deeper bond with your baby prior to birth, and feel the baby as a participant in the birth. The connection of the mother, baby and companion during pregnancy and Birth is very important for the positive outcome.
When will I start?
As any parent knows a happy birth makes for a happy baby and
a happy baby makes for a happy life!
- This program is offered in 4 classes, each approx 2 ˝-3 hours in length. Several classes can be taken together, to be completed in a weekend on Sunshine Coast if needed.
- We encourage mothers and birth companions to consider HypnoBirthing® as soon as the start of your second trimester of pregnancy in order to practice these valuable techniques and concepts before the birth.
- At-home practice is necessary throughout the pregnancy. HypnoBirthing requires a commitment of 1/2 hour per day for the maximum preparedness.
- If you wish to combine your HypnoBirthing® Program with a weekend or mini holiday you can enjoy your HypnoBirthing Getaway. There are plenty of enchanting accommodations to choose from plus the magic of the mountains, ocean and rain forest to make it the perfect place for quiet contemplation or an exciting holiday.
Contact Rifa for more information.
Please be advised that the material in this program is in no way a substitute for medical advice nor does it replace your doctor's care! Please consult the medical practitioner of your choice for such care and advice.
About Rifa |
Links & Resources |
Website designed by Sun Coast Designs